+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Height of Fully Open Rear Deck

Height of Fully Open Rear Deck

I'm a new 59 owner, and will be working in my garage. I want to make sure I have sufficient ceiling height before I retract the roof. What is the height of a fully open rear deck? thanks,

I have a photo of my 57 Skyliner with the deck lid fully open (unfortunately, I can't figure out how to post the photo) inside my garage with the garage door open. I measured to the inside of the open garage door to the floor and it is 7'-8.5". The photo shows quite a bit of clearance from the open deck lid to the bottom surface of the raised garage door (probably close to 12" guessing from the photo), so I would say if you have 7' of clearance you should be okay. I would measure the raised deck lid but I have the car in a rental storage unit for the winter.

Good Luck,
    Dave

Thanks Dave for the reply. I was amazed that I couldn't find any reference to height on-line. So, it sounds like that even a standard 8' ceiling might be enough.... Mine is higher, fortunately.

Height of Open Rear Deck

If you have an 8 foot ceiling, you will have ample clearance with the deck lid fully raised and package tray extended.

Good luck working on your new Skyliner.

Dave

http://www.skyliner.org/forums/attac...tachmentid=406

John,

I attempted to attach the photo I was referring to regarding the deck lid fully open and package tray extended. Hopefully it will go through and show up okay.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread