+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just starting 1959 project

Just starting 1959 project

160720-13c.jpg
    Drove it onto trailer and into the shop.
    Dave

I've started a web page for my Skyliner.
    It is http://dunlavy.us/1959ford/index.html
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ddave; 07-31-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: trying to get picture to be displayed not just the attachment information
    Dave

Looks like the restoration project is on a roll.

Yes, we expect to get the rolling car back from paint before (or near Christmas - depending how many deer want to commit suicide by auto this month). Chrome, rebuilt radio (exciting) are coming January 4th. Seats went to upholstery shop 12/4. Very few pieces of trim need finishing. Expect to start reassembling the dash when the radio gets back. When can I drive it - well since we have ice and salted streets her, there is no hurry. I'm targeting to IFRC meeting in KY this year. Haven't updated the photo count lately but there were 602 photos as of September on my website. http://www.dunlavy.us - - Top car listed under AUTOS.
    Dave

Saw the pictures. I'm impressed.

Looks great - A lot of nice pictures for the portfolio. It looks like a solid body. Did you say you saw it in a Walmart parking lot on a trailer - I guess its true you can get anything at Walmart!

It must be destiny. Lol. Walmart rocks!

Updated the photos on my web page. Been so busy they have piled up. Seats are done. A lot of the chrome and stainless done - as said before will pickup most of balance on January 4th. Will take window stainless and chrome to George Iverson Restorations then.
    I took T/C radio to S&M Electro-Tech in Blaine MN (Greg Thompson) to get Aurora Design Mods put in. I am so impressed with that conversion, I can hardly wait to get it back January 4th. Got two Custom Autosound speakers for under front seat. My 1950's DJ days and electronics background tells me it'll be a keeper for an old guy almost 80 years old.
    We have some parts done and back in my shop - dash - top - interior trim. Trunk deck lid coming this Friday in my car trailer. Car body on chassis getting very close to done - Guessing first week in January. Most small bits repaired, primed, finished in my shop. I am mentoring two lads who have been along for learning the important dirty work - sandblasting, welding, leading, priming, etc. Pictures on my website, http://dunlavy.us shows them - one has been here 6 years - gone to construction school, got a good job and still works with me weekends. Been mentoring for 30+ years.
    Now 735 pictures on website. Will try to do better keeping up. Other Ford projects are also documented there. Hope some pictures can help other that might be in the rebuilding process.
    I hope everyone has a Great New Year and we hope to be ready to go to Kentucky in July 2018. The 250 miles I've driven my car shows me it will be a great ride.
    Thanks to every one I've talked to on the phone and purchased parts from. Ron Anderson, Joe O. & others you guys are the greatest!
    Also Blessings to Mayo Clinic for keeping me vertical. I am the most Blessed person in the world.
    ddd-bod-070805.jpg
    Last edited by Ddave; 12-27-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: trying to get picture to display automatically
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread