+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this and where does it go?

What is this and where does it go?

This is laying in my 59's trunk area. Despite the 2 attachment screws on it's bracket, it's not clear where it goes.

The length of the wire clearly gives a limited range of mounting spots. I wonder if there were mounting holes next to where I have it in this picture? It looks slightly as if someone patched a hole there (and maybe didn't re-drill mounting hole).

To this novice, it looks like maybe a sensor for detecting when the roof is fully retracted.

Can someone tell me what it is and where it should be mounted?

Thanks!

I don't believe you attched the picture. If so, I cannot see it.

crap - I'm sorry, you are right!
    The view here is over the right rear corner, inside the trunk. You can see the passenger side rear wheelwell in the upper-right of the picture, and of course the long silver arm part of the retracting linkage.

My question is directed at the black switch laying on the floor in the middle, its about the size of a roll of quarters, or a Snickers bar. (I'm hungry)
    It has what looks like 2 screws along one side for mounting somewhere.

Last edited by BA.; 09-20-2013 at 01:05 PM.

That is the roof retract limit switch. The bracket should be welded to the trunk floor in that general area and the switch is screwed to the bracket. If you still need the exact location let me know and I'll take some meaurements from mine so you get it welded in the right place.

this switch turns OFF the roof motor and sends power to deck close relay?

+ Reply to Thread