+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine Timing Settings for 352 4 Barrell

Engine Timing Settings for 352 4 Barrell

Hi,
    I just changed the ignition on my 1959 Skyliner to an electronic ignition. I am trying to figure out what the Timeing settings should be and if I need to adjust my spark plugs?
    Engine - 352 inch 4 barrell
    Thanks

engine timing

Since you are not changing anything, except converting mechanical points to electronic points, the timing will stay the same as with the original points.

a few things first , use ford advance b9ae12370-a advance with a washer set .
    the rear throttle plate on 4100 is adjusted first . stated in 58 bird manual .
    next set idle on front plates , with crap gas today stick with stock cam and use torque , (you will anyway).
    the advance can is washered so Zero Pull advance at idle . total advance come in at 900 or so . this is important at road speed . I took two electronic ign systems off my ford (Jacobs & MSD ) threw em trash .
    bought reman distributor from otterzone and never looked back . I don't expect a hard 70 or 80 thousand miles on it anyway .
    mine is set for 60001 lunatti cam (stock) at 10 btd , and I look for blistered plugs often .

+ Reply to Thread