+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introduction 1957 Skyliner from Prague

Introduction 1957 Skyliner from Prague

Hello everyone,

Let me shortly introduce myself. I have old cars as a hobby since I was 18 and we have a 1957 Skyliner since 2 years now. The last title from 1992 is from Texas and we got her from a dealer in Switzerland. As the car was far from perfect, I started to get her better piece by piece, especially the dash and instruments (they were 1958 with white background), heating (there was none), engine (new seals, ignition and carb) and roof mechanism (repaired most of the motors). Now, almost everything works as intended. I tried to find out more about it, as it seems to be a quite early model. It has not the Fairlane sign on the c-pillar, there is no emblem on the back (it is possible that there was and someone filled the holes, as it does not have the original paint anymore. The VIN is D7K W14 390 7 and it has a manual 3-speed transmission and 312 4-barrel Holley Thunderbird engine. There are no options, she has no power whatever, everything is manually. There is even no backup light. I am wondering how many manual 312 were made, but could not find any info on that. Maybe someone has information on her history and how many were built?

Sorry, still cannot figure out how to post a good quality picture, here a photo from an event in Prague in May:
    https://www.facebook.com/jara.meger/...11499059375057
    Last edited by Jara.Meger; 08-04-2019 at 04:49 PM.

That is a beautiful '57 you have there Jara. Welcome to this forum.
    My Skyliner has no power options either. Seems strange to some people that the top goes down at the push of a button but the windows must be cranked. I'm fine with it!

Thanks droptopford, she looks great on photos :-)

I often thought about the first owner. Who would get the biggest engine but not even to bother about power brakes or power steering? Today I am Happy about that, as all power options cause more trouble than the manual option. My other car is a fully loaded 63 Imperial and it took years to get all the power stuff working.

Is there any register to find out more about that Skyliner? The last US owner was Eugene Bradney Jr. from Coppears Cove and he bought it in December 1986 from Jerry Hodges from Lampasas, also Texas. I would appreciate any idea to follow up the car‘s history

+ Reply to Thread