Time to buy new tires and this has triggered thoughts of going to disc brakes. I'd like to go with 15 inch tires/wheels because there seems to be more disc brake options out there. Also, 15 inch seems to have handling & ride advantages.
My question is, has anyone upgraded to 15 inch tires with wheels deep enough for disc brakes and do they fit/ride OK? In particular, I have a 58 Skyliner with fender skirts. Will the 15 inch tires/wheels clear the rear fenders & skirts? If so, exactly what size wheels will fit? Then the big question, who sells a complete disc brake conversion kit that will work with 15 inch tires/wheels? I've seen several advertised but there always seems to be fine print saying some modification is necessary.
Second big question is, if no good options for 15 inch, what is available for 14 inch wheels? I've heard a 73 Torino will bolt right up but there seems to also be fine print here. A definitive article in the Skyliner magazine on this topic might help a lot of us considering disc brakes. Thanks.