+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top unlock ?

top unlock ?

I have a 59, my top has functioned with no problems, had it down and closed it back up. Next time I went to put the top down it would not unlock from the header, seems that the quarter locks were unlocking but the header locks were locking & clicking. When I put a jumper on the unlock solenoid with the top half up, the locks spin good & in the unlock direction. When I put the jumper on the lock solenoid, the locks still turn in the unlock direction but much slower. Any ideas guys, any help appreciated, thanks, Larry.

binding action Between the Four Locks .
    weak roof unlock wires at pass side roof Knee ,<-- if the wires are Warm . this is it . If wires are cold look elseware
    grease roof lock Boxes lift out one at a time And add STP . If no paper gasket exsist . make one . grease cables .
    Swap front roof lock motor With deck . If no change in deck action , leave it there !
    At nite with head lights on And roof At ITS unlock point , Does the head lights Dim a great deal ? If so clean up generator brush slides . and call me in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread