+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 59 ford power window interchangable?

59 ford power window interchangable?

hi wondering if power windows for a 59 retractable window will interchange with any other model ?

thanks

I'm not sure what you need to know but any 1959 2 door HT or Convertible should be the same, the motors are the same from 1956 to at least 1960 in all the Ford including Thunderbirds.

59 Window plug.pngThunderbird Motor.png

Here are two pictures to compare the different wire harness plugs I have seen. My 59 Retractable had the molded 4-prong plug and I installed a Thunderbird window motor in one door which had the four separate wires with bullet terminals on them. The motors interchange but you may have to modify the plug by installing your original 59 plug on them or just plug two directly into the 59 door harness and make a short male-to-female jumper cable to plug the other two into your door harness. Hope this information helps.
    By the way, the wire colors were an exact match when I installed the Thunderbird motor in my Skyliner so it was an easy modification. It sure would be handy if someone offered an adapter plug to hasten the process.

hi thanks for the imfo guys , anybody have power windows for sale?

In case you hadn't seen them, I wanted to mention that there are aftermarket power window kits available. Mine had the original so I haven't had any personal experience with them. http://www.jerrysclassiccars.com has some of those kits, if you're interested.

+ Reply to Thread