A couple of days ago I bought a 1959 Skyliner. I've been looking for several months and think I have a project I can handle (with some helpful advice from you folks).
I have sent my application in to join this club and the office lady said she would send me a book on the top.
To get you up to speed without typing a bunch. since I am a computer consultant, I have a website with my other cars on it. The Skyliner is the newest Ford I own. You are welcome to check it out at http://dunlavy.us.
The left tab takes you to the other Fords I have restored or built and own. Feel free to look around, I have nothing to hide.
The only question I have now is: in what order I should tackle the project? Since it runs, I thought I'd rebuilt the top motors and drives and make the top run manually (and re-install the trunk lid). I'll be checking the engine/chassis (brakes,etc) next - it has no shocks now. It looks like the underside has be restored, but I haven't put it on the hoist yet. I am blessed with a fantastic shop - I know that - and say a prayer every day of thanks. Also have a very understanding wife. Look forward to meeting you guys and getting to know you.
Cheers,
Dave Dunlavy
Decorah, Iowa USA