+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunvisors

Sunvisors

Anyone reproducing the 57 58 Retractable original type sunvisors?

Has anyone purchased 57 or 58 retractable sun visors from Stock Interiors? I called them previously and they wanted me to send a picture of mine so they would know how to make them!

I would not deal with any company that does not have the correct pattern, the original visors have heat sealed seams & most these after market company's just sew the edges.
    I would contact Jerry Miller, they have the correct ones. http://www.jerrysclassiccars.com/201...alog%20pdf.pdf

I called Jerry's Classic Cars a couple of months ago and was informed that they use convertible sun visors on their 57 58 Retractable restorations. So that was another dead end.

I ask Dennis-Carpenter every time I see him or his son at Carlisle and Hershey. They reproduce the brackets/arms in plain or chrome but they say there isn't
    enough demand for the visors! I know they started on them about 20 years ago and had some problems with manufacturing them according to one of their guys.
    I gave Dennis some NOS 57 body mounts and it took them 15 years to get them into production! So who knows.

Ron.

Wink cove shaped sky visor

yep originals were Cove shaped and not Flat , kinda thick too near a inch thick
    white only with floting end

+ Reply to Thread