I have a 57 Skyliner with a 2 barrel carb that looks like a factory carburetor. I recently noticed that the choke isn't hooked up. There isn't a hole in the intake manifold for a choke tube and there is a hole in the passenger side exhaust manifold with a screw in it where presumably there was a choke tube at one time. The screw came out pretty easy. Could I simply go to an auto store and purchase some tubing to fit into the hole and put a compression fitting on the end that goes to the carburetor and make the choke work or is it more complex than that? I have wondered if dirty air out of the exhaust manifold would be getting into the carburetor and carboning up the carburetor if I did that or am I wrong about that? Has anyone put an electric choke on one of these carburetors? The carburetor looks like the Holley 2300's but don't have a list number on it which Holleys typically do. So is a 57' Ford 2 barrel carburetor a Holley or is it a Ford carburetor. I happen to also have a 57 T-bird with a 312 V8 and that choke tube comes out of the intake manifold and goes right to the carburetor but of course its a 4 barrel and my Skyliner has a 2 barrel.

Any advice on how to get the choke working would be helpful