+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel gauge accuracy

Hybrid View

Do what ford only said. Fully ground the wire to the body and see if the gauge works.

Check the other gauge you have with the wiring to your current gauge. Disconnect the wires from the guage in the car and use alligator clips with wires to connect to the other gauge. Just be sure to connect it the same as it was in the car.

Thanks, Is there a problem if you hold the ground too long? I noted Ford Only said momentarily. I will give it a try.

The gauge showed full when I grounded the yellow wire. Must be the sending unit. I removed it's cover but I see no way to fix anything in it. Any suggests whether to get a new one or find a good original used one?

Got a new sending unit with no improvement in gauge function. It still read full with the yellow wire grounded. I checked my extra gauge I had and it didn't seem to work at all. After a sleep and being out bid for a new gauge I checked my extra one again and found I had disconnected one of the wires from the regulator when working behind the dash. When I hooked the regulator up the extra gauge worked perfectly with my original and new sending unit. Now have an extra sending unit I guess the original gauge needed no resistance to show full, something the sending units didn't do . Anyone else have a gauge that malfunctioned like mine?

Wah2oo

+ Reply to Thread