+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trunk boards and Mats

Trunk boards and Mats

Hi,
    I want to detail the trunk on my Retractable and replace the mats and boards.
    I have had the car for 12 years and the previous owner put some type of adhesive down to keep the burtex mats from moving around.

Any recommendations on what to use to get the glue etc off the paint. Im not sure if they used a 3m type spray or something else.

Also when I replace the mats should I glue them down or just put in place and leave as.

Thanks

My suggestion would be just to go over the old glue, solvents that will remove the glue will also remove some paint.
    If there is no rust, I would just install it over the old glue, gluing only what needs to be glued to hold it in place.
    I would glue the mat to the spare tire door and the edges of the mat everywhere else, that way if you have to take it out for some reason you won't tear it all up.
    Having a new trunk mat & boards really dresses up the trunk, and you have the trunk open a lot showing off the top.

Hello,
    I ordered and received new trunk mats & boards from FR parts. They look great and the quality of the burtex and boards is great.

When going to fit them in the trunk it appears that some need to be trimmed somewhat. Especially the ones near the tail lights.
    Does this make sense?

Should these be exact fit or is it normal for some to require a little cutting etc?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    Hello,
    I ordered and received new trunk mats & boards from FR parts. They look great and the quality of the burtex and boards is great.

When going to fit them in the trunk it appears that some need to be trimmed somewhat. Especially the ones near the tail lights.
    Does this make sense?

Should these be exact fit or is it normal for some to require a little cutting etc?
    Thanks
    I think the back board's bottom part needs to be gently folded to get it fit.

+ Reply to Thread