+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brake light Switch mechanical adapter for brake Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    Hi
    I got my switch from Wayne. I have a 1959 Retractable and his switch fit with no modifications to the pedal. Wayne can walk you through how to wire it up. It was very straightforward. I just don’t remember the steps. The key is placing it at the right spot on the pedal. Once your under there it will be obvious. Just be careful you don’t get stuck.

Never a problem since I got rid of the pressure switch 5 years ago.
    Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by oldave57 View Post
    I noticed that lower pressure switch when I ordered my "original" brake switch. It might be worth the extra money, but I can tell you that the original switch version works with very light brake pedal pressure (at least for now). The other thing I noticed about the lower pressure switch was that it "includes the pigtail wiring" which must mean that the switch has different terminals than the original version. I'm sure it would work just fine if that's what you decide to use.

Good Luck,
    Dave
    A sincere 'Thanks' to both of you for the info. I'm going to stick with the plan and get the 'original' type pressure switch from Mac's. Certainly not a big investment to try it out. I suppose I should have/could have started there in the first place. I've ordered a few things from Mac's in the past and they've worked out well.

I'm lucky in the sense that my '59 is mostly original... a survivor that has been repainted, but other than that it has just had pretty much normal maintenance over the years. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge some of the folks have that have done your extensive/beautiful restorations. I've just addressed the few, small problems I (or my Dad) had as they arose.

Again, thanks for the prompt replies.

Update: I ordered the OEM style replacement pressure switch from Mac's last week. Arrived yesterday. Works good. Certainly activates the brake lights with a lot less pedal force than the old switch.

+ Reply to Thread