+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Door Panels on 59 Retractable

Door Panels on 59 Retractable

Hi,
    I am installing new interior door panels on my 59 Skyliner. From what I remember there is a screw that is supposed to go on each panel about midway up the door on the latch side.
    The problem I have is my doors have two sets of screw holes in the sheet metal - so I am unsure where the screws go. Do I put the screw just about where the silver mylar material meets the black vinyl or do I put it about 1.5-2 inches up from there. A picture would help if anyone has one.
    Thanks in advance.

My 1959 Skyliner with original door panels does not have any screws in it.

Go to an auto supply store (Advance Auto, Auto Zone, etc.) and get a roll of 3M super strength molding tape. 3M product # 03609. This is double sided, super sticky stuff. Put a strip on the doorframe, and push rhe door panel to it. It looks very professional and will not come loose. My 59 did not have screws in the panel. Ford would never do something that tacky.

I checked the judging sheet and it appears it is a judged item. It says for the 1959 Skyliner Door Panel and Chrome there should be a Screw with washer. I noticed this on a few 59's and I have also seen 59's without them. Perhaps I should put this on the judge section of the forum?
    The question is where on the door panel should the screw go and is it on both the driver and passenger side or just the driver side?

Thanks for taking time to answer and all input is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread