+ Reply to Thread

Thread: roof will not lock down

roof will not lock down

The roof on my 57 Skyliner will not lock down properly above the windscreen and is also out of alighement by about 1 inch. Can I adjust the roof on the roof locks above the windscreen or do I start from the back with the jack screws?

There is an alignment article in the 57-58-59 top manuals. If you do not have one I would recommend that you get one and follow it. Ron Brenton

Quote Originally Posted by Ron B. View Post
    There is an alignment article in the 57-58-59 top manuals. If you do not have one I would recommend that you get one and follow it. Ron Brenton
    Yes I have one and they are aligned they are just not pulling in to the lock all the way so car is not water tight

Sorry I was looking at the thread

This happens a lot and there are many things that can cause it, if the screws on the top are going into the pockets and shutting off it can be that a adjustment to the switches is needed to make them run longer.
    If the pockets on the header stick up too far that can also cause a problem, if the motor is not shutting off and the screws are still trying to turn, you may have a alignment problem.
    One thing you can do is take the header trim off and watch what is going on, if you think it may be binding you can loosen the header screw downs just enough to let them move and then lower the top and see if it will go down more.
    Another thing you can do with the trim off is take a 12 volt power source, unplug lock down motor and jump it to see if it can go down further, if everything is working right the screws should start making a clicking sound when they are tight in the pocket.
    You may just need to clean everything, I have 3 Skyliners and I do all my own repairs but I'm not very good at explaining how to check things but the manual tells how to make all the adjustments.

+ Reply to Thread