+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 toggle switches?

5 toggle switches?

I am considering buying a 59 that is 350 miles from home. I have been told
    that the car is fantastic. The top works. However, the dash control has been
    replaced with 5 toggle switches. Say what? What is the fix and what will it
    cost me here in the Milwaukee Wi area ?

There are some top experts in the club that may be able to address this better than me but you will need to hook everything up the way it is supposed to be than address each problem.
    You may have some broken wires in the harness and or some bad contact switches. I have seen that type of fix done on Thunderbirds and Skyliners, I guess its just easier to run a wire to a solenoid than to
    fix the real problem.
    This could be a very expensive fix if you have to pay someone to do it as it will take several hours to figure everything out plus whatever parts may be needed.

I would look for a different car. If that's how the top was "fixed" what other shortcuts have been taken?

Who is the expert that I can email? I was hoping that on this FORUM more members would have similar experiences and solutions. The 59 that I am
    considering to buy has had all of it's mechanical bugs worked out. It drives great. The 5 toggle switches remain. I don't mind using those switches a a lever to make the car more affordable for me. However, if I don't get any support from experienced retractible owners, I will not buy the car.
    AND, I am one less future member of your esteemed organization.

+ Reply to Thread