+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shopping for a 59. I need a crash course

Shopping for a 59. I need a crash course

I am seriously considering buying a 59. I found one for $25,000 one day from home.
    A friend / ace mechanic is going check it out. What are it's weak points?
    I plan on offering our 66 T-Bird Town Landau coupe as a partial trade.
    I also plan on finding one locally to study and ask questions.
    I know old Fords and the cruisomatic well.
    Please advise

$25,000 would be a good price depending on its condition.
    Things that add value are Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power seat, Power windows, 352 Engine, Cruiseomatic & AC
    The most important thing I think is body condition, does it have any rust or body damage, these are very expensive to repair.
    The next thing would be cosmetics as replacement parts are also expensive but available.
    Does the top work the way it should, if you can't fix it yourself it also can be expensive but if you can read and understand the top manual you can fix the top without much expensive.
    The mechanical condition is the least important as all the parts to make repairs are available and not that expensive, although it would be nice if ran the way it should.
    The range on Skyliners is from about $10000 to $45000, $45000 being a show car, $25000 to $35000 is the average range on nice driver quality cars.

Hi Mr. Ford Only,
    Thank you for your prompt reply. This retractible has an excellent appearing body in salmon with a white top. The interior is faded...black vinyl inserts.