+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering question

Steering question

Does any one know the difference between a steering arm to idler arm rod assy between a 57 and a 59? Partno b7a 3304-a and b9aa 304-b.
    Diameter of threath? How can i see the difference between the power steering control valve of a 57 and a 59?

I think the the idler is the same and the center link is a little longer, the 59 has larger ports for the slave cylinder, making them both different than a 57 or 58.
    You could use the 59 control valve & cylinder on a 57 or 58, you would just have to use them both together, or get some adapters to change the thread size.
    I have used and mixed both and never had any problems, the only problem I seem to have is getting a Eaton pump not to leak.

The problem i have is that i cannot screw the replacement i got fully on the rod. Let say i need 27 turns and i only can do 16, so i need approx 7 mm more turns. It looks like i can complete until the total slot in the valve but not further.

I think the previous owner(s) messed up the car, i thoughed i had bought a '59. Due to the information was send to me it looks like i have a powersteering of a 57 on my car. The valve has smaller ports to the cylinder than the '59 i found. Every replacement hose i see is for 57 to 59, so are that the correct hoses, also the power cylinders i see are for 57 to 59.
    Can anyone explain this to me?

+ Reply to Thread