+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deck lid issue

Deck lid issue

Hello all, my name is Sean and I have a red and white 57. After a quick google search I am now here and couldn't be happier. I am 30 and live in St. Louis, I'm a electrician by profession....no with my issue...

I received this car when my father passed in 2011. The car sat in probate for 3 years and was shipped to me last year. My ex step mother informed me the top went down but at the final stage when the deck lid is supposed to come back down it just stopped. After receiving the car I noticed the ground wire to the lever was disconnected, I reconnected and viola it worked. It was working fine until about 3 weeks later and it did the same thing. I checked the ground and it was still connected. I ended up jumping the corkscrew solenoid behind the seat after pulling the cotter pins on the hydraulic arms so I could lower the deck lid and drive the car. Why is the process stopping at that point? The top will fold completely into the trunk and that's where it stops. Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Also not sure if this has to do with anything but the charging system is NOT working in the car currently. I am going to be doing a alternator conversion in a couple weeks, so typically when I take the car out I run it in the day and keep the battery on a trickle charge in the garage.

Thanks for the help I look forward to meeting you all and discussing this awesome automobile!

Sean

When the roof retract limit switch is actuated a set of contacts opens stopping the roof motor. At the same time a second set of contacts is closed allowing current to flow to the deck lock power relay through the deck position "B" switch to the deck close power relay, actuation the deck lid and lock motors. The roof retract limit switch is on the floor in the right hand rear of the truck. The deck position "B" switch is on the top of the right rear quarter panel

+ Reply to Thread