+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 57' Skyliner Fire/Rebuild Questions

57' Skyliner Fire/Rebuild Questions

A little intro Myself and one other guy own a restoration shop in Kansas and have been in business for 3 years. We had a local guy stop in and wanted us to look at his 57" retractable hard top for an ballpark estimate to fix his car. His car was stored in a out building and the building caught fire. The hottest part of the fire was the right side of the car more specifically the right rear. The quarter is bulged and warped from the heat as is the center of the roof on the right side. So down to the question We are having a hard time finding prices for replacement solenoids and roof motors. Or do you guys know ruffly what it cost to completely rebuild the retractable top set-up as we can only assume that the solenoids and motors and switches are toast. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    The guys from Chilled Iron Garage

www.chilledirongarage.com

There are good used solenoids, motors, and switches available From Joe Odehnal 9458 West D Ave Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009-8886 269-342-5509 joe.odehanl@wmich.edu. I would thank that the wiring is also bad check Jerry's classic cars & parts on the internet. Ron b

Joe's email address is not correct. It has come back to me twice. I'll phone him.

New skyliner parts

Hello,
    I have brand new repo solenoids all 10.

They look just like original.
    I also have some used motors front time to time, I rebuild them and they usually sell out right away though. Let me know if you need any.
    Out of wiring looms, may have some limit switches.

I also reproduce the 59 Skyliner TOP switch handle with new switch.

+ Reply to Thread