+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with top - HELP

Problem with top - HELP

I just acquired my 59 Skyliner a few weeks ago. The top worked flawlessly before I got it home. When I try to erect the top I have a problem initially that the top goes about 3/4 of the way up and stops. If I reverse it a little and try forward again it usually goes okay; however, after the top tightens down I can hear relays clicking but the trunk flap does not activate. I have accessed the solenoids and can close the trunk flap with a jumper wire on the solenoid and then the trunk lid closes okay. I have removed the front header trim and the relays on both sides are clicking after the top is screwed down okay. Where do I start from here?

4 switches must open to stop the 3 lock motors. The roof B switch behind the LH door farthest contacts from plunger, the roof erect switch behind the RH door 3rd set of contacts, and the C & D switches in the front roof header farthest contacts from plunger. With your roof firmly locked down, adjust these 4 switches so the contacts are just opened.

The switches are in parallel so all 4 must be opened to de-energize the lock motors.

Since your package tray did not fold likely your problem is with the roof erect switch on the RH side

Dave - thanks for the reply to my post. I assume that I have to remove the rear trim panels to access the roof erect switch behind the RH door?

Yes you will need to remove the rear seat then the panel to gain access to the swtch.

+ Reply to Thread