+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top

when I go through the cycle to remount the top everything works fine until the trunk lid gets almost shut and then it stops. If I push the trunk deck fold under up then the cycle starts and the trunk lid continues down and finishes the cycle. It seems that it is stopping because it does not think the deck panel is completely folded under? is there a way to adjust this so that the deck lid folds tight enough for the cycle to complete? this is an intermittent problem and does not happen everytime/

If you can't get the flipper to panel to go up tight against the deck by moving the switch in, the gear box is probably worn too much and will need to be rebuilt. There should be no movement of the flipper panel after it completes the fold under cycle, if there is the panel will drop away from the switch and stop the cycle.

is there a way to tighten it up as it doesn't do it every time and most of the time if I reopen it and try again in completes the cycle. it seems like I talked to someone at the last convention that said they had a way to fix that problem for $85.00 it may of been Wayne R. does that ring a bell with anyone?
    Last edited by jhubbell; 02-17-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Mr. Rollins is one of the IFRC Tech Advisors and imminently qualified to tweak your top. $85 is a bargain. I flew Mr. Rollins and his gracious wife to Hawaii to tweak mine. $$'s well spent!

Gary

jhubbell: I have the exact same problem with my '58. I find that the step where the 'flipper' tucks tight under the deck lid is extremely sensitive to the state of battery charge. For me, it won't tuck all the way up if the battery is a little low, even if the car is running. I charged my battery to 100%, and tried it with the engine off, and it worked fine. I hope it's that simple for you.

+ Reply to Thread