+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The roof top lock motors

The roof top lock motors

My question pertains to the 2 lock top motors in the rear roof quarter panels. The passenger motor has the wires coming off the bottom. If I mount the driver side motor the same way the lock nut runs in reverse. Did Ford turn the drivers side motor over
    and mount it with the wires coming off the top? There is no mention of this in the shop manual. Paul in Ohio

Hey Paul: Ran upon this somehow I it made me start to think (scary). I have a working skyliner in the barn with no interior or garnish molding's. Both motor's Left & Right side the wire's come off the bottom. Although the receiver's for left & right are different to mount the roof erect & delay switch & the roof position B switch on - the stationary screw & the ratcheting roof lock nut turn the same on either side...Hope this help's Gregg

Hi Gregg,
    Thanks for checking the motors out for me. I would think Ford would mount the motors as you stated but I locked and unlocked the roof 6 times and the left side motor will only operate correctly with the wires coming off the top of the motor housing. I have another problem I'm going to start another thread on I would like you to comment on. Paul

The roof top motors

I received another reply off the list and he agrees with Gregg the wires on both motors should come off the bottom. Since no wires have been cut or changed on the motor or the harness he thinks the wires on the lock and unlock solenoids for the left motor are switched causing the motor to rotate the wrong way.

+ Reply to Thread