+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Hard to Find Carter Carb Part for 57

Help with Hard to Find Carter Carb Part for 57

Hello,
    I recently purchased a 57 Skyliner and although the car runs well I noticed the secondary's are not opening. This carb is the AFB vacuum secondary style; not the Holley. The diaphragm was hard as a rock. Anybody know where I can purchase one? I have searched all over and have failed. I was told the Part # is BTA-9503-C.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

You would be better off to replace the carter (very rare) with the much more common Ford (Motorcraft 4100). The parts are still readily available & the carb. is not as quirkey as the Carter. I hope this helps.
    Bill

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the Motorcraft but I do have the correct Holley that was optional. I'm pretty good with those. I just thought I would keep this system together if possible. You'll most likely be right however.

Be aware you will have to change all the steel lines (lengths)
    That part # is B7A-9503-C not BTA.

Secondary diaphragm (AFB)

Quote Originally Posted by ACESPACK View Post
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a 57 Skyliner and although the car runs well I noticed the secondary's are not opening. This carb is the AFB vacuum secondary style; not the Holley. The diaphragm was hard as a rock. Anybody know where I can purchase one? I have searched all over and have failed. I was told the Part # is BTA-9503-C.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

Hello,

If you are still looking for a secondary diaphragm for you're 1957 Ford Carter AFB, they can be purchased at the below link for Mike's Carburetor Parts. They sell just the diaphragm for AFB's ('57 and '58 Ford) and WCFB's ('56 Merc), and needs to be installed on you're current metal rod.

Sal

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Cart...agm_p_601.html

+ Reply to Thread