+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do all 57' Fords Use the Same Brake and Fuel Line Kits?

Do all 57' Fords Use the Same Brake and Fuel Line Kits?

I have a question about the metal brake and metal gas lines on my 1957 Skyliner. I am strongly considering replacing all the metal brake and gas lines on my 57' Skyliner and doing the gas tank to prevent trouble. The research I've done seems to show that the same metal brake line kit and metal gas line kit fits the 57' Skyliner and the other full size 57' Fords. Is this possible? The reason being not all full size 57' Fords have the same wheelbase (i.e. some are 115" and some are 118" if my memory is right).

So the bottom line is are the metal fuel line and metal brake line sets all the same for all the 1957 Ford full size cars? If someone knows, please advise. I've seen various sources for them and would also be interested in knowing which supplier has provided the best fitting set out there.

The fuel lines are different for different fords. The 115" and 118" are different because of the wheel base as you thought. The Skyliners are different because the fuel tanks are right behind the seat instead of the rear of the car. Ron B

a Alloy 5/16 fuel line will end your vapor loc heat soak days

+ Reply to Thread