+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restoration Shops

Restoration Shops

Does anyone have any good or otherwise comments relative to restoration shops that would help a person decide if they are making the right decision? Also,any recommendations on a car transfer company that they have had good luck with.
    Thank You

Scott - There are a few professional restorers on this forum, myself included. I'm sure someone here can answer your questions. In the past, I have used InterCityLines to move vehicles up and down the east coast, most recently I had Reliable Carriers, Inc. move six cars from Ft. Lauderdale to Syracuse, NY. They all seem to be very professional. So ask the questions, hopefully you'll get some answers. Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    Scott - There are a few professional restorers on this forum, myself included. I'm sure someone here can answer your questions. In the past, I have used InterCityLines to move vehicles up and down the east coast, most recently I had Reliable Carriers, Inc. move six cars from Ft. Lauderdale to Syracuse, NY. They all seem to be very professional. So ask the questions, hopefully you'll get some answers. Gary.
    Thank you Gary, appreciate the feedback. Have you ever worked with a group called Jerry's classic Cars out of Arkansas?

Restoration:

I have had the pleasure of looking at 2 cars that those Miller's earned Show case status for at the nationals in Dayton and I can tell you I absolutely hate Jerry & Terry...It may just be because of jealousy, envy, respect, skill, knowledge, experience, ect. I've heard that they are going to open location # 2 in Battle Creek, Mi. I'm waiting so I can take advantage of the thing's they do...I did get to talk to Jerry at the awards banquet you would think him to be a snob...far from...And as far as that Terry is concerned...(warning) When you call in need of advice or parts, do expect to be on the phone until he has you ready to tackle a job you had no idea how to do before.
    Now for Bill & the Boys...(Nolan) For a Skylinerman & having spent time with this man in a casual evening the knowledge, friendliness is amazing. Weather your in New England or in Arkansas right here are 2 of the best... I mean no disrespect to the others in the field & there are lots that are very good and respectful. These are just 2 that I have dealt with and would trust. Scott If possible come to the nationals in Collinsville, Ill. in July you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by skylinerman58 View Post
    I have had the pleasure of looking at 2 cars that those Miller's earned Show case status for at the nationals in Dayton and I can tell you I absolutely hate Jerry & Terry...It may just be because of jealousy, envy, respect, skill, knowledge, experience, ect. I've heard that they are going to open location # 2 in Battle Creek, Mi. I'm waiting so I can take advantage of the thing's they do...I did get to talk to Jerry at the awards banquet you would think him to be a snob...far from...And as far as that Terry is concerned...(warning) When you call in need of advice or parts, do expect to be on the phone until he has you ready to tackle a job you had no idea how to do before.
    Now for Bill & the Boys...(Nolan) For a Skylinerman & having spent time with this man in a casual evening the knowledge, friendliness is amazing. Weather your in New England or in Arkansas right here are 2 of the best... I mean no disrespect to the others in the field & there are lots that are very good and respectful. These are just 2 that I have dealt with and would trust. Scott If possible come to the nationals in Collinsville, Ill. in July you will not be disappointed.
    Thank you for your insite Skylinerman58. I'm going to go visit with Jerry and Terry this week and check out their shop. I'm guessing I'll find a well oiled operation.

+ Reply to Thread