+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Find Us On Facebook

Find Us On Facebook

The IFRC now has a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Internationa...etractableClub

May I suggest that you consider changing your Facebook Page settings to allow others to post visibly on your page? That would allow more communication between members and the ability of members to post appropriate pictures and links . There has been no activity on the page in a long time. It's a setting an administer can change. You can see AACA's Page for an example of how thier members add content to thier Page.

Visitors are allowed to post to the IFRC Facebook page and there are some visitor posts visible on the right side of the page. If you or others are having trouble posting to the Facebook page please reply to this thread and let me know.

I think the visitor comment on the Forum is correct. "Our" Facebook page in its current format is not fullfilling the needs of club members. Six visitor posts in 4 months for a club with 900+ members is terrible. Club members could be and should be using it daily to socialize and communicate with each other. Members posts and likes would be seen by thier Facebook friends expanding the clubs reach.

The Facebook page "1957 - 1959 Ford Skyliner" has 881 members and daily activity. This page is followed by Skyliner enthusiasts for sharing thier projects, asking questions, selling items, etc. This site has made the IFRC Facebook page irrelevant and for some possibly the IFRC forum and Skyliner magazine as well.

Dave O.
    Last edited by Dave Owens; 04-25-2017 at 08:54 PM.

The Facebook page does not work for me either. I tried posting a clip from an old TV show with a 59 Skyliner in it and the page wouldn't let me post to it. I tried several times. I believe there is an issue with the settings on the page not allowing us to post to it. I used the 1957-1959 Skyliners page and it posted just fine. This leads me to believe that it is an issue with settings. There is a lot of activity on that other Skyliner page but almost zero activity on our club's page. Please double check your settings as we can't seem to post to it. Let me know when you've checked it and I'll try posting to it again. Thanks.

It is an issue with settings. I taught Facebook Page classes to Realtors and Lenders. I taught administration as well as engagement. Although members can comment on Page posts, there are no posts from members. Go into the Page settings and make sure that "Visitor Posts" is set to "Anyone can publish to page" "Anyone can add photos and videos to the Page.

What you see as admin is not the same as what we see from a visitor side.

Thank you for the suggestion, but the IFRC Facebook page is already set to allow visitors to publish posts and to allow photo and video posts. When I look at Vistor Posts there is a video of a 59 Ford Skyliner in a Perry Mason episode that was posted on July 10. Is that not what you see?

Thank you for the response. No, I do not see that post. I am the one who posted it yet it does not show up on the page. I think you are able to see it as the administrator but members/visitors cannot see it. I'm the one who posted it and still cannot see it on your page. I think victorialynn2 is correct, there is an issue with settings which is preventing the club's page from working properly. I posted the same video to the highly active 1957-1959 Skyliner page and it gets likes, shares, and comments. I think there is an issue with the settings on the IFRC's Facebook page because there is zero activity showing from where others post on the page. I think all we see are what the Administrator posts on the page. I can send you a screenshot if you like, but all I see are posts that begin with "IFRC added...." That's it. No member or visitor posts at all. I would love to see more activity on it as a lot of us are ready and willing to be active with it. Maybe victorialynn2 can provide some tips as to where you could review the settings or find a "hidden" setting that allows posts to be seen by everyone. Maybe it's set up to only let you see them. That's what appears to be happening.

FOUND IT! It does not show up on the home page of the IFRC Facebook page. You have to go the sidebar on the left and select "Community" There is where I can see all the posts that others have posted to the page. Hmm, I have never had to do this before on anyone else's page. I wonder if there is a setting that can allow community posts to show on the Home page so everyone can see them when they visit the page. I bet a whole lot of folks never had any idea they could select that Community button to show a ton of additional posts. I sure didn't.

IFRC Community Page.png
    Last edited by 1959retractable; 07-19-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Thank you! I have always looked at visitor posts by clicking Posts and then Visitor Posts. That works whether I'm signed on as the page administrator or if I'm not signed on at all. I've never clicked the Community tab either. I will look for a way to make visitor posts more visible, but for now I reordered the tabs on the left sidebar to make Community and Posts show at the top of the sidebar and added a post on the Facebook page explaining how to see visitor posts by clicking Posts -> Visitor Posts or Community.

+ Reply to Thread