+ Reply to Thread

Thread: repairing 59 power steering control valve

repairing 59 power steering control valve

I had a friend install a rebuild kit purchased from CONCOURS PARTS.It leaks.What if anything did he miss!The valve has been sitting outside for 10+ years.BRUCE

I would not mess with it, leave it for the experts.
    I have had many power steering componets rebuilt by Rodes's Restoration, www.roderestoration.com, 419-468-5182.
    He is resonable and has 2 day turn around. He is mostly early Mustang but does the full size Fords.

Here is one more; he helped me a couple years ago. He was very helpful with my problem, here is the link.

http://www.stangerssite.com/

Bruce , Your the expert now .
    the old guys like me are vaporlocking fast , so write this down . the dealers knew this . no one else did .
    At the oring store LLC they have your seals at very low cost . Please keep this off Facebook I hate them .
    with your spool out wet sand each end With worn 1200 # paper .
    The side of the spool that has a Small 64th inch hole to Bleed oil Should Go to the in board side so oil pressure Hits that seal First .
    If your centering valve works you will have assist If not the pump will WINE at idle . Don't mess with it unless you have to .
    Next take your New Seals and Soak them in Dot #3 brake fluid For 15-20 min. we never soaked them more than that .
    Install them WET with brake fluid on your fingers . and bolt the unit up and hook it up .
    The First Fluid your seals should see IS "Duralube " engine oil treatment . pour in a half bottle and let it drain for a few min . then top off with Type F .
    Call me in the morning !

+ Reply to Thread