+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vent window and door glass alignment

Vent window and door glass alignment

Hi Folks, I hope I can explain my problem clearly, so here goes. I am doing some door glass and vent window work on my 58 skyliner. Despite all the adjustments, I cannot get the glass from the door, and the vent window glass to line up in a straight line. My question is, should they both line up. One seems to go off in one direction, and the other in another direction, no matter how i try to align them. This makes for much air leakage when driving with the top up. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance....Paul

Are you speaking of the door and quarter window not sealing when up? The vent window frame and window run for door window are part of the vent window assembly and as such the two windows glasses do not touch. I know the quarter window to the door window can be a challenge to get to fit and than have the quarter slide freely in the top weatherstrip. I got the windows to line up right with the top down then adjusted the weatherstrip to fit the windows before attaching the weatherstrip. Not an easy task.

Dale

Hi Dale, Probably the best way to explain whats happening, is when the drivers side window is all the way up, does the top of the glass and the top of the vent window line up in a straight line. Mine does not, on either door. It just doesn't look right no matter how I adjust them. Maybe a picture would help.

Paul

Yes, they should line up. You probably need to look at adjusting either the rear run channel the door (upper and lower) or the run channel for the vent window. These is a a bit of adjustment at the bottom of the front run channel (attached to the bottom of the vent window). Any change on the bottom adjustment of these two run channels will have a profound impact on alignment.

+ Reply to Thread