+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Automatic Transmission

Art,
    i fully agree also. I have had many c6's in trucks/tow vehicles. With very little maintainance they are very durable.
    Bill

Many years ago, long before I got my Skyliner, I had a 59 Galaxie 2dr HT. The transmission died while the Wife and I lived in San Diego. Took it to the local AAMCO place and got their rebuild with a lifetime warranty that at the time cost about $400, a lot of $$ for me at the time. Glad I did too, because about 5 years later it died again while we lived in Overland Park, KS. Took it to the local AAMCO joint and they made it like new again. One thing I remember about this Cruis-a-Matic transmission was that it had a vacuum line connected to it, whereas, my current Skyliner's Cruise-a-Matic does not. Last year I took my Skyliner to a local transmission shop here on Oahu and got it rebuild as well for about $1200, still a lot of $$ if you ask me, but I'm pleased with the work just the same. Since I have the only operational Skyliner on Oahu, I guess that makes me the President and only member of the local Skyliner Chapter. Heheheheh. When the tunnel between Honolulu and the West Coast is completed, I might even make it to a future Skyliner Convention, If I live long enough! Back in 2007 I shipped the car to Long Beach, then drove it on i 40/Route 66 to Jerry Millers where Jerry and his crew put in a new/rebuilt 352 engine painted to look like a 332, (because according to the data plate, this car is supposed to have a 332. The 352 with 4bbl carb gets up and moves along nicely. Anyway, my Skyliner is not stock anyway. Lots of upgrades along the way, such as Pwr Front Disc Brakes, after market aux elec fan mounted in front of the radiator that operates on a thermostat, a Billet coolant recovery tank (these two items help keeping it from boiling over in the 4th of July Parade, since these cruisers were never meant to travel at 1-2 MPH with frequent stops over the course of 3-4 miles or 1.5 hours in duration), after market AM/FM radio with cassette player and IPod hook up and dual cont stereo speaker to replace the old speaker (this I like). Coker wide white wall tires mounted on Coker Chrome 14 inch rims adorned with Spyder hub caps (my orig hub caps won't grip on the chrome rims) These tires and rims look so nice, I often drive it without the SS fender skirts on in order to show them off better. Oh and by the way the top works perfectly, thanks to Wayne & Judy Rollins, who I convinced to fly to Hawaii a couple years ago to tweak it, $$ well spent I can tell you. Makes me wonder if Wayne is a doppleganger for Ben Smith. Hehehe. Well, today is Sunday Feb 15, 80 degrees sunshine so I think I'll take the Wife for a cruise up to the North Shore. It's a beautiful drive!!

Great! Just Great! 80 degrees, an island paradise, drive your car whenever... Here I sit inside, both Skyliners scratching at the overhead door trying to get out... They don't realize its below zero out there and the snow is up to my armpits! Great, just great!

Gary, in "sunny" Syracuse,NY, great.

on the new 6 speed corvette you will never use , 6th gear , and not legally 5th either , from this point the borg warner 3 sp OD shines well . OD at the touch of a Toe and forced down shift that is a blast ! with T-85 yack shack !

add the coae 6090-D heads or better still the new elerbrock Alloy heads . for more thermal effieincy

+ Reply to Thread