+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trunk lid retract

trunk lid retract

I have a 57 and when I convert to convertible every thing works fine but when I switch back to hard top the trunk lid does not come down all the way. I had a loose screw on the black cylinder (Goes all the way through from bottom to top nut on top that the package lid folds up against, to hit the plunger. I tighten it wrench tight and now the trunk lid doesn't go down as far. did i tighten it 2 tight?? if I try it recycle it from trunk lid fully extended and back down 6 or 7 times it finally closes tight. does the cylinder need replaced? if so where and how much???
    Last edited by jhubbell; 10-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Generally I have found that if you deck lid stops while closing in the roof erect cycle (putting the top up) it is caused by the package tray sagging and losing contact with the switch. However, for the life of me I cannot picture the black cylinder you are describing unless you mean the package tray motor, and then I still don't totally understand. Anyway, work with your switch adjustment for the package tray and you should be able to work out the problem

+ Reply to Thread