+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the correct wheel size for a 59 Skyliner?

What is the correct wheel size for a 59 Skyliner?

The car I bought has chrome reverse 15" on the rear, and some old nasty 14" cragers on the front. And what is the bolt pattern size, if you have that handy?
    Any recommendations for wheel suppliers?

The correct wheel size is 14 inch. However, if you ever wanted to upgrade to front/rear disc brakes, most after market sellers only offer kits compatible with 15 inch wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul59Skyliner View Post
    The car I bought has chrome reverse 15" on the rear, and some old nasty 14" cragers on the front. And what is the bolt pattern size, if you have that handy?
    Any recommendations for wheel suppliers?
    The bolt pattern size is 5 hole on a 4 1/2" circle.

There is a company in Greelely, CO, that makes a disc brake kit for the 59 ford that will use your origianal wheels. I know becasue I have done it on mine and I couldn't be happier.
    Joe W from Kansas

The Granada disc brake set up will work with the later style (70's) 14" wheels with the disc brake off set which are better anyway as they are stronger and won't distort and throw off wheel covers with radial tires like the original wheels. You can also use a disc brake set up off a 70's
    Torino or Mercury Montego and 14" wheels, of course you need the spindels from the donor car. The Torino and Montego do not require any reaming of the spindle like the Granada spindle does. I bought a bolt on disc brake conversion kit from a vendor that advertised that it would work with the original wheels and it required 15" wheels to work.

Hi Joe, do you remember there name-?, I would like to put front disc on my 59, but I have new wide whites, 800-14's, I would hate to have to take them off, thanks, Wayne in Fl. with ALOT of traffic, LOL

I did a Google Search and found this: http://www.brakesplus.com/locator/store/greeley

http://www.fairlanefalconbrakeparts.com/ appears to make all sorts of different kits and is located in Greeley, CO.

The stock wheels are 14"x5.5" w/o any cooling holes (came on Retrac, Wgn, Ranchero and sedan delivery). 57-59
    Granada 14" will clear most stock Ford discs.

Ron.

+ Reply to Thread