+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble with trunk lid closing

Trouble with trunk lid closing

After my top screws down, a clicking noise in the top continues while the trunk lid closes. Then, frequently the trunk lid will stop after it starts to screw down. If I play with the switch, with loud clicking from the solonoid area each time I push the switch in and out, it will eventually unscrew or screw all the way down. Is there a way to correct this by an adjustment or do I need to replace something?

Thank you for your help.

Wayne

It sounds like you may have more than one issue. You hear the roof looks clicking because either they have bottomed in screws and are ratcheting or may be in a bind. Some ratcheting is normal until all 4 corners lock, then all the switches shoud be closed and motors will stop. You need to double check the switch adjustment on all 4 corners, you will need the service manual that explains the procedure. The deck lid issue could be a deck lid switch or possibly the package tray sagging a bit and stopping the motors. I would suggest walking thru the entire switch adjustment procedure. Most likley you have one or two switches slightly misadjusted and they are causing the whole problem.

I do not have the expertise or the tools. I would like to hire someone to give me a hand. I live less than an hour from Roanoke, VA. If you can help my e-mail is wlk1941@aol.com or cell number 540-420-9039. Thanks, Wayne

+ Reply to Thread