+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front roof locks

Front roof locks

Hi all, I am new to this forum, and I am quite happy to find a great resource for this car.I have a 1958 skyliner with some roof issues. My left side front will not lock down. I think I have 2 right hand retainers in the car. Can anyone tell me if there is a right and left hand retainer in the front, and what side the allen screw should be on that locks the nut. The manual says the screw should be on the right for the right side and the left for the left side. Should that allen screw be at the top or bottom of the retainer as you sit in the front seat, or does it matter. Hope I'm not confusing anyone, I just want to make sure that I have them correct, before I go further.
    Thanks in advance.....Paul

Hi Paul: The front lock nut assembly's - There is no left or right they are the same but they do have to go in a certain way as the book describe's. Laying the part ( jc-19011 ) on a table face down the lock screw attaching screw side will measure .750 the other side is .600 that is why the have to go into the header different. Hope that help's Gregg

Thanks Gregg, thats exactly what I was looking for. In my car the front lock nut assemblys are both installed the same way. Now they will be installed correctly. Paul

+ Reply to Thread