+ Reply to Thread

Thread: map light socket

map light socket

I need a socket for a under dash map light for a 1957 it has a wire the dome and switch, but is missing the socket anyone know where I can get a replacement? I've look in Mac's and Kantor no luck where is the fuse box located?????
    Last edited by jhubbell; 03-20-2013 at 10:36 PM.

There is no fuse box! All fuses are in line. NAPA has an assortment of sockets to choose from, if you don't mind a little tinkering.

Gary.

no wonder I couldn't find it thanks

where would I find the fuse for the dome light?

Follow the power wire, if it's fused you'll find it. There's a possibility that the light is not fused!

Gary.

I was working on the map lite and I cross something and the dome light went out so hopefully there is a fuse

NAPA had the light so got that now just to figure out what I blew and i'll be back thanks Gary

found the fuse it was right behind the light switch also found some wires that need to plugged in somewhere?? one goes up to heater switch but blower works ok so not sure where it pluggs into.... also no wire to the cigar lighter nor to the clock, radio wire is spliced into blower power wire just after the fuse (Radio doesn't work) this is shaping up to be a challenge.
    Last edited by jhubbell; 03-22-2013 at 08:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread