+ Reply to Thread

Thread: door bumpers where do they go

door bumpers where do they go

I am getting down to finishing the interior and trim on my 58. I got some bumpers for the doors but when I got to putting them on I could find no holes. I do not think the body had any work done on the rear of the doors or the areas behind the doors. The bumpers I have look to be mounted by pushing them into a hole. My car was built in early November 1957. Could they not have used the bumpers early in the model year? Maybe I am trying to put them in the wrong area but I would think they would go around the rear of the door. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Dale

One, each side (L&R), lower rear corner where the rocker meets the 1/4 panel, small hole in a recess. Mine had none on the door itself! Hope this helps.

Gary.

I can not find any holes. I know the rockers were replaced so the holes were probably lost in the process. Anyone know the measurements for the location of the hole and it's size?

Thanks Dale

Where the rocker meets the 1/4, measure up 5/8" from the rocker & in 5/8" from the 1/4. The bumpers fit into a recess that may not be there if the rockers were replaced. The size of the mounting hole depends on the size of the "button" on the bumper. Remember, if that area has been "worked", you may have to trim the bumper a bit.

Gary.

Thanks Gary.

Dale

+ Reply to Thread