+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From sunny Sweden

From sunny Sweden

This Saturday in a sunny and warm Sweden, sadly I got a crack in the right exhaust manifold. I can’t stand the noise; I think I will try to fix it with brass soldering.

Last edited by Lars-57; 10-30-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Good luck with that. More than likely you will need to resurface the flange where it meets the head caused by warping from brazing. Let me know how that goes.

I like your car.

Thumbs up

That 58 is looking fine!

Hello again

I removed my left exhaust manifold and it was in pieces, I mounted it on a metal beam to be fixed. Then I brass soldering the manifold, here are some picks of the result. Hope it don’t crack when I’m mount it on the motor again.

I can’t wait until it will be summer again,, here is cold and not nice in Sweden now.

Take care

Lars

More picks

The last ones

Hi Lar's: I had mine fixed last year but it broke when I put it on...I think I should have milled the surfice...Of course I learned that the tork is only 35lb's...Maybe you could tell me what the color of the interior garnish molding are in your car. I'm doing a 58 also azure blue & colonial white but in all the book's and info I can't find the color code for the interior...? Thank's Gregg...

Hello Gregg

Here are a couple picks from the garnish, the car is never restored so it’s as it is. When I bought the car the rear garnish was missing, I bought the missing parts on e-bay. The color was red so I just painted them with a rattle can blue metallic.

Some more

Hey Lar's: Thank's for the responces...electric window's as well nice car ..If you don't enjoy that car You should sell it to me...Thank's again...Gregg

+ Reply to Thread