I have seen quite a few very nice Skyliners out there that are beautiful, then I look inside and there are many ways people have set up a bank of toggle switches to operate the solenoids individually. Not one has ever looked anything more than an afterthought. Dare I say UGLY? They did not put any thought into the look of all those switches under the dash. I did not want anything showing so I came up with my own version of a "Dial-a-noid."

I made a bracket to hold the 2 switches (10 position rotary and a SPDT momentary toggle) and located it to the oval hole in the door jam and built a wire harness. You could certainly place it anywhere you like, even taking the place of the original top switch below the dash. The rotary switch has 10 positions so you can select any of the solenoids you like and the toggle to operate it individually. The 10th position operates the entire top sequence. I have it set from 12:00 around clockwise to operate in the same sequence as the solenoids operate (Deck open, tray flip, etc).

When the door is closed it's hidden, but within easy reach when it's open. Looks like it's supposed to be there. Now I can force her to do what I want and not have all those switches. I also made my own remote control top control. I can operate the top remotely from up to 50' away. That always turns heads!