+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top closing strange

Top closing strange

Hi All Happy New year to you. I have had the top down here in Southeastern Pa. since April. I just put it up yesterday. I notice that the motor in the windshield header runs after it locks and even after the deck lid comes all the way down till the switch is turned off. The top seems to run correctly up and down, except for this situation. Any ideas would be appreciated. I hope I'm being clear on this Thanks Bill

Mr. Bill,
    You are being clear. Mine does the same thing once in a while. I don't THINK this is all that uncommon. For some reason, the header screws seem to tighten up properly, but they keep on clicking (ratcheting or whatever) just like the deck lid ones do at the end of the cycle. I don't know what causes this to happen. As long as the light goes out, I don't worry too much about it. I hope one of the 'retractable gurus' can shed some light on this. I'd like to know why it happens too.

Clark

Hi From Narberth Pa. Thanks for the info. Not too many people around here can help so I'm grateful for any input. I will also be interested in what some others have to say. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    Hi All Happy New year to you. I have had the top down here in Southeastern Pa. since April. I just put it up yesterday. I notice that the motor in the windshield header runs after it locks and even after the deck lid comes all the way down till the switch is turned off. The top seems to run correctly up and down, except for this situation. Any ideas would be appreciated. I hope I'm being clear on this Thanks Bill
    Mr Bill:

Since no one else has answered you, I will provide some info even though I lack "guru" status. On page 28 of the
    Top Manual, there is a procedure for setting the "C" and "D" switches in the roof header. You locks are ratcheting because those switches are not being activated when the roof is screwed down. The Clark's deck lid is probably has the same issue.
    Harry W
    (Penn Allegheny, East Coast, Buckeye Chapters)
    It's a dry heat!

Thanks Harry I'm going to check the book. Bill

I have added STP to roof lock ratchet boxes @1977 to stop this with much fan fair .

+ Reply to Thread