+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyliners used in Movies

Skyliners used in Movies

40 years ago movie titled French Connection . Movie had a 1959 black retractable chase . If I remember correct the car got smashed . Any members know about whereabouts of this movie car ? I'm guessing 1971 this Skyliner would have been low cost . Likely car got junked after crashing it . You never can tell someone out there might have the car . James Bond drove a 1957 brown Skyliner in a later movie . Can't think of the title . Bond was in Cuba driving back roads . Our cars are Bond 007 character cool . Movie makers actions have picked this car . Actions speak loader than words .
    Last edited by hercules; 12-18-2011 at 10:15 PM.

I have seen a black 1959 skyliner used on the Perry Mason show and I have seen them on other shows and movies in the back ground , but like most of the actors they are most likely long gone? Just the same it is fun to see them.
    Jim

The bond movie was thunderball. In the temptations movie, there is a scene of a red & white 58 with the roof in motion. Also, in chasing 300 for scenes taking place in 1966, henry kopczak's gulfstream blue 58 appears twice. Once top up, then top down in another.

James Bond, Die Another Day 2002

James Bond, Thunderball 1965

I remember seeing the black '57 Skyliner in Thunderball. I don't remember that particular scene though. Was Bond operating the 007 smoke screen or did he just need a ring-job?

Here another shot I found, no registration plate on this one.

Here another one, Hot Rod Horror (2008)

Fabulous pictures Lars- Thanks for finding them . Walt

From a crazy Swedish TV-series from 1994.

Thanks for posting those pictures Lars...Great Stuff!

By the way, I believe there is a movie from a few years ago called 'Ya Ya or Wa Wa Sister Hood' (something like that anyway). Somewhere during that movie I remember seeing a nice '58 Skyliner a couple of times.
    And let's not forget the epic cinema masterpiece...Ford Fairlane. Andrew Dice Clay supposedly blew up a red and white '57 in that one!

+ Reply to Thread