+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roof retract and delay switch are there two kinds?

Roof retract and delay switch are there two kinds?

I have had problems with my top not starting back after unlocking but if I raise it up about 6", by directly running the top motor for a short time, the cycle will go ahead and finish. On erecting the top, it works fine but the right back roof lock continues to run until the deck lid is locked and I release the switch.

I checked the switch and noted that the schematic in the manual shows the two upper contacts are connected when the plunger is in and the bottom two when the plunger is out. On my switch, the upper and lower contacts work together and the middle two contacts work together . Is this a problem or as someone told me, this is a switch for a 59 which he said has some electrical differences in the top workings. Any one have an idea?

Thanks Dale

Surely someone knows if the 59's had the same top wiring as the 57-58's. The only manual I have seen is for the 57. Maybe a 59 shop manual would have the answer. The fellow who told me they were different says he has two different wired roof erect and delay switches. I need some advice on which to buy.

Dale

+ Reply to Thread