+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seatbelt question

Seatbelt question

I have a 1957 Skyliner I inherted from my dad. For safety reasons, I'm going to install front and rear lapbelts. I know Ford offered optional seatbelts in 57. My question is this:

How did the factory/dealer locate the mounting holes in the floorpan for the belt anchors?

Thanks in advance!

The factory belts and brackets are nothing like the ones available now. You can use the new belts but, be sure to put strong baseplates under the floors.
    Good luck,
    Ron B.

Thanks, Ron. I have the old style belts http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/1800-60.html and I have the HD backing plates. What I need to know is how the mounting holes are located in the floorpan for both the front and rear driver/passenger locations. I thought maybe one of the judges could tell me what the proper locations are before I start drilling holes in the floorpan.

USAF,
    You should call a judge, Sadly, I haven't seen any replies on this forum. The originals had an angle bracket bolted to the floor, not the single holes as now. The belt wrapped around the bracket. They probably have a "legal" hole spot now since the old belts stopped in 1962.
    Good luck,
    Ron B.

+ Reply to Thread