+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air Cleaner

Question Air Cleaner

Here's another paint color question. What is the correct color for the air cleaner on a 352 in a '58? I've found info on the web saying that a Duplicolor Almond is the closest and talked to other people that told me to look for a more of a white or off-white. Looking at pictures of restored cars online, I've seen what looks like all three of those colors on different restorations. Any advice would be appreciated. The exact brand/color that I need would be appreciated even more.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Z.

Air cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
    Here's another paint color question. What is the correct color for the air cleaner on a 352 in a '58? I've found info on the web saying that a Duplicolor Almond is the closest and talked to other people that told me to look for a more of a white or off-white. Looking at pictures of restored cars online, I've seen what looks like all three of those colors on different restorations. Any advice would be appreciated. The exact brand/color that I need would be appreciated even more.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Z.
    Hi Kent: I have done this. At the nationals in Clarksville ( 2008 ) a judge informed me that my air breather was incorrect it was a 57 & black was not right also... So finding a thin correct one, sandblasting, rust inhibiter, primer, 712 Hour's now to find the correct paint..? Everyone I have talk to said the E code or Colonal white you can't go wrong..? The paint code's have been publised in the skyliner I have them somewhere I'll try to find them & pass along...P.S. When I finished this & installed my new creation as I turned the wing nut clockwise the gas pedal advanced. Long story short the carb was a 57 & the accellerator pump was on the top instead of the front of the carb...Good luck Kent..

Thanks for the info. I did some more searching with this information and saw that Wimbledon White is supposed to be a replacement for Colonial White. I can find Wimbledon white in a spray can at the local auto parts store, but it's a lacquer. Will a lacquer be able to stand up to the temperatures in the engine compartment? I know the air cleaner doesn't get as hot as a manifold, but I assumed it would get too hot for a lacquer exterior paint. Am I completely off base on this? Ideally I would like to find paint that comes in a spray can to make life easier since I don't have the gear needed to spray it any other way.

Thanks again for the advice,

Kent Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
    Thanks for the info. I did some more searching with this information and saw that Wimbledon White is supposed to be a replacement for Colonial White. I can find Wimbledon white in a spray can at the local auto parts store, but it's a lacquer. Will a lacquer be able to stand up to the temperatures in the engine compartment? I know the air cleaner doesn't get as hot as a manifold, but I assumed it would get too hot for a lacquer exterior paint. Am I completely off base on this? Ideally I would like to find paint that comes in a spray can to make life easier since I don't have the gear needed to spray it any other way.

Thanks again for the advice,

Kent Z.
    Try automotivetouchup.com for Colonial White

Hi Zuber, I allready have one painted in Colonial White, and decaled correctly if you are interested. Or I can paint your's, I have the equipment and paint. email me at: greghumble@hotmail.com and we'll discuss. I can send pic's also. Just thought this might help.

+ Reply to Thread