Closed Thread

Thread: roof position A switch

roof position A switch

For some reason two wires broke loose on this switch. I cannot determine the colors so I wonder if anyone can help by telling me where they connect.
    If looking at the A switch with the plunger at the bottom of the picture, That would expose four connections on the front of the switch and the four short wires (about 6'' long) lead to a disconnect which consists of one female fitting and three male fittings.
    1. At the top of the wires, where the disconnect is, the wire to the far right would be the female and would connect to the lower right connection on front of switch
    2. Moving to the left, the first male connection, that wire is loose
    3. Moving to the left, the second male, that wire is loose also.
    4. The last male connector is connected to the lower left connection on the switch.

Can anyone tell me just exactly how these wires are connected on the front of the switch. These are all solder joints but unfortunately, the two are broke loose.

Roof position " A" switch

Hi Ed: This switch has 4 wire's. The female plug is black, the first male to the left is red, the second is green and the last is yellow. With the plunger down the top left is red, the top right is yellow, The bottom left is green & The right bottom is black. I would sent a picture but my computer skill's are not that good yet..Good luck Gregg...

Quote Originally Posted by skylinerman58 View Post
    Hi Ed: This switch has 4 wire's. The female plug is black, the first male to the left is red, the second is green and the last is yellow. With the plunger down the top left is red, the top right is yellow, The bottom left is green & The right bottom is black. I would sent a picture but my computer skill's are not that good yet..Good luck Gregg...
    Gregg,
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if all thre years are wired the same. The reason I say this is because I have owned my 57 since it was new and I am the only guy who ever worked on it. My switch appears to be wired different. I will try to send you a drawing but I am not very good on this computer. Hopefully this will clear up my explanation. My problem is where each of the two center wires are connected.Attachment 102

Closed Thread