+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radial Tires

Radial Tires

Does anyone know about Black Diamond Whitewall Radial Tires? I want to get some radial tires for a better ride and drive.

Hi,
    I switched to American Classic radial tires about 2 years ago and so far I have had no problems. I chose American Classic because the tire is based off of a 1980's era Michelin tire with a newer mold and a modern tire design. I have put a few thousand miles on them so far. The tires work great so far and make the car drive like a modern auto. This really comes in handy on long trips, windy days and when cruising on the highway at 80mph.

I think you meant to say Diamond Back tires. I have have heard some good things and some bad things. I think you will find that with most Wide White Wall tires. I know people who have had the white walls peel off.

In the end I wanted a more modern tire design from a more modern mold. And I wanted it made in America. Coker is made in Mexico and Diamond Back had some white wall peeling issues. I don't think you will find one brand that has only good reviews - it seems like none of them are perfect.
    Hope that helps,
    Rob

Thanks for sharing your experiences with radial tires . Lots of retract owners think about this type tire . Tires wear out someday . Less guess work on buying correct parts helps . Walt

radial whitewall tires

Where can I find the American Classic Tires?

Cecil
    Here is a link look at the contact information for the dealers.
    Jim
    http://www.americanclassictires.com/contact/

Cecil, everyone,
    Buy a copy of Hemmings motor News. The tire vendors are on the last 10 pages. Keep the book for reference as most every major vendor for most every product advertises' in Hemmings! And you can send for tons of catalogs, mostly FREE!!!
    Good hunting,
    Ron B.

Hi,
    I purchased mine at MotorSpot in CA. I talked to a lot of people during the process and the sales rep there was extremley helpful. I would call to get a real person. They have a number of brands. I guess in the end I was a little hesitant to get Coker becaue I have heard about many problems. Maybe those issues have been corrected since then.

http://www.widewhitetires.com/americanclassic.html

Thanks,
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread