+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water leak at bypass

Water leak at bypass

Hi All I have a problem that I hope someone can shed some light on. A previous owner put an additional temperature gauge on my 58 . I have no problem with that feature. The car developed a leak near this plumbing. I took it apart and in turning the pipe over found a hole in it. I don't see any thing resembling this pipe .Does any one know of this. I'm gonna try and send some pics. any help would be most appreciated. Thanks Bill
    Attached Images

Bill
    The coolant bypass pipe that looks like it has a hole is pictured in the newest Concourse Catalog, page 67. It is shown in an exploded view from a Ford original parts catalog. It shows part no. 10911 and shows an application of '58 and '59 332 and 352 engines. This pipe is where the original temp sender screwed in and I think it is made of a type of pot metal. I also believe that is uses a 7/8 inch bypass hose which is kind of an odd size but I have seen these hoses on eBay. I don't know if Concourse has this part available but if not you could try some NOS suppliers such as Little Deereborn in Minneapolis. Good luck! Jim

I've seen some where the manifold is tapped and a short piece of pipe is threaded in there to replace the pressed in pipe. If you don't need to temperature sender at that point it's one of the quickest fixes that I've seen. You can also get a straight press fit piece from O'reily to replace the one listed in the Concourse Parts catalog. After that you can just put a piece of heater hose between the two fittings with clamps. The nicer way is to get the part Jim mentioned but be careful that the intake manifold hasn't been modified enough that the press fit piece will no longer fit.

Kent

+ Reply to Thread