+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carpet for 1959 Skyliner

Carpet for 1959 Skyliner

Hi All,
    I am replacing the carpet on my 1959 Retractable. The car is Red and currently has black carpet and Red/White/Black seats that came with the car. The questions I had are:
    1. Is black carpet the correct color that came with a Red Skyliner in
    1959?
    2. Where is a good place to get the carpet from - Lebarron Bonney?
    3. I noticed that some places offer molded and non molded. Lebarron
    Bonney offers only non-molded.
    4. Does anyone use any sound deadening material(Dynamat etc) when
    they install the carpet.
    Thanks for your time,
    Rob

Rob,
    i used red in my 59 and bought it from mac's in new york. It fit perfect. Also, i used the dynamat for noise and heat insulation. I am very happy with the results. When using the dynamat and new carpet, replace the studs for the front seat tracks to longer ones(about 1 inch). This makes seat re-installation easier since the dynamat and carpet insulation are thicker than original. Hope this helps.
    Bill

Robert
    I think black is correct ,my red 59 has black and my restoration project 59 had geranium interior with black carpet.The original carpet was not molded and had sewn seems around transmission tunnel. I think all the vendors that advertise in the skyliner offer both carpets. Also I think I might try this product for insulation in my project called Lizard skin http://www.lizardskin.com/pages/testimonials3.php although dynamat is also very good .
    Good Luck Jim

+ Reply to Thread