+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salvage yard hunting

Salvage yard hunting

Hi Guys
    Thought I would add a few ideas about searching for parts. Although a lot of yards are picked over it seems some parts are forgotten such as electric wiper motors they can be on the most basic cars, power seats day/night mirrors a/c brackets ect. Some times it seems if you look the car over hard enough something remains. Also when looking to add power windows some parts will interchange from other Ford products such as window motors some switches ect. One part that seems to be hard to find is the rear power window regulator I do not know for sure but I have been told that a 1958 Lincoln convertible rear window regulator is the same although this is a rare car you might see one in a yard and I think it would be worth a look maybe someone knows if these fit? I am adding a link to yard in Minnesota They can be emailed for requests. First time I was there was 1974 they had 1000s of cars I went years after that and found it somewhat picked over, but they still are adding vintage cars to the yard.They may have a bracket or small part you are looking for?
    http://www.windyhillautoparts.com/

Just a few thoughts Jim

Hello Jim,
    Thanks for the tip. I will try to check and see if the Lincoln has the same power window regulator as my spare Power window assembly.
    As for hunting for retractable cars in the yards, it seems to be a rare item around here. The only yard that has any in this area has three of them, and they have been picked over pretty good allready.
    Lynn Boast

Hello All, I new here and most of the time I just read and get all the helpful information that is here. About the power windows I had them put in my 57 last summer front and rear everything can be bought new its a bolt on replacement no cutting.
    Jimmy

Lynn,
    Could I get a picture of the rear regulator? Got a set from a 4dr hdt that i'm modifing and have never seen an original.
    Thanks,
    Ron B.

Ron

Here's a picture of the rear quarter window power window regulator for the retractable.

Jim

57-59 retractable power windows

i now have original style power window regulators available for all three years and most body styles.

i have parts available to convert 4-door regulators to retractable

+ Reply to Thread