+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 BBL carburetor mod

2 BBL carburetor mod

Hi all,

I have a 1959, 332 with a 2 bbl. I'm still trying to sort out what is right, OK or plain bad with the car! Too many people have had their hands on it. Right now I'm focused on the carb. It originally had a 2100 Motorcraft and someone replaced that with a 2150. I'm OK with that. But they added a heated aluminum spacer below the composition spacer. They ran heater water through it. A friend told me this was to prevent carburetor icing. Anyone familiar with this? Should I remove it or leave well enough alone? This will not be a concours car so originality is not paramount.

Thanks,

Bill A

Bill
    I found this link about the spacer sounds like if you remove it you would have to change mounting studs and check linkage clearance. It might help the cars drivability with it on so it would just be a appearance issue?
    Jim
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/49...rb-spacer.html

Jim,

Thanks for the link. From what I read most people think it was a good idea. Others, not so good. I guess I'll leave it there for a while as long as it does not cause any difficulties. On to the next problem!

+ Reply to Thread